Falling Feathers is the second half and seventh episode of the fourth season of Peep and the Big Wide World. This episode aired on June 8, 2010 on TVOKids in Canada and PBS and in Ready Set Learn on The Discovery Kids Channel in the United States.
Quack is molting and losing his feathers and Peep and Chirp try to help him from losing his feathers.
The episode starts with Peep and Chirp catching orange leaves. Peep notices a blue feather on the grass and he calls it a "blue leaf". Chirp comes over and says to Peep it's not a leaf, it's one of Quack feathers. Peep says she's right and Quack is singing about ducks in the spring and fall. And then hums. Peep says ''we found one of your feathers". Peep comes surprised, and then Chirp tells Quack Beaver Boy’s missing his tooth. Chirp then tells Quack that Beaver Boy is still a beaver. Peep thinks they could find the missing tooth. Quack thinks the fish have it. Quack explains it to the fish, then Fish Jr. shows Quack a golf ball. Quack says that it needs to be flat. Fish Jr. then shows Quack a button, but Quack declined it because it wasn’t rectangular. Chirp thinks they could make a new tooth. They go over to Quack’s bush to find a tooth-like thing, but Quack keeps telling them not to touch his stuff. Chirp then tells Quack that all the stuff is his. Quack tells them that he’s reminding them. Peep then finds a cracker. Quack tells Peep that it would not work at all. Chirp then tells Quack that it’s worth a try. Quack tells Chirp it was going to be a present for you. Beaver Boy says that he can’t cut through trees, and then Chirp gives Beaver Boy the cracker. Beaver Boy eats the cracker, and then Quack gasps. Chirp tells Peep and Quack that the first rule about beaver teeth is that they can’t taste good. Then they measured and examined Beaver Boy’s remaining tooth, then Chirp tells them it needs to be white, hard, sharp, and the same size as the remaining one. Then Chirp reminds Beaver Boy that he’s still a beaver. Peep gets
- This episode is the last time Quack's feathers are seen.
- This is the penultimate episode to premiere in June.
- This was the last time Hoot's feather is seen.
- This is also the last episode where Chirp goes into The Deep Dark Woods in the series.
- This is also the last episode to feature Quack's reflection in the series.
- Last Appearances
- This episode marked the last appearances of Skunk, The Deep Dark Woods, Skunk's log and Quack's bush in the series.
- This is also the last speaking appearance of Hoot the Owl in the series.
- This is also the last episode to feature Joan Cusack as the narrator in the series.